Sunday 2 October 2011

Poem...

I wrote this awhile ago after a row with someone really close to me... any general thoughts or suggestions for improvement very welcome x

Insignificant Things

My heart feels frozen; I check my breathing
It’s nothing much; I am only leaving.
Your movement’s miles to each painful step-
So I pause, and stay carefully still.

We admit defeat so quickly
So hastily, rudely retreat.
What comfort now do you think you’ll bring me?
Just ease fleeting, insignificant things.

4 comments:

  1. I really like this Tina! It shows great emotion to my untrained eye. Very nice alliteration in the 'movement's miles' and 'rudely retreat'. I guess purists might argue that they aren't quite the same sounds, (mo - mi, ru - re) but I say that it works for me and that is what counts in poetry I think, that is what the reader takes from it.

    Thank you for sharing it and I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this poem Tina. Sadly I don't know enough about poetry to comment further. But it is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this Tina. There feels like there's a depth to it beyond the first meaning and I think that comes from the rhetoric. The alliteration and the mirrored sounds (retreat-defeat-fleeting)make the second stanza seem much quicker paced than the first and this seems to echo the language used too (quickly-hastily.)Excellent :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much for the kind comments x :)

    ReplyDelete